R.Y.M IN A NUTSHELL
RYM PROGRAM IN A NUTSHELL
- Check in with the group on Facebook and complete the daily challenge
- Go over your exercise and meals for the day
- Log your food, water, exercise and ACE
- Read and write your affirmations and what you are thankful for
THE SIX PILLARS
- Read your daily Facebook post each morning
- Accept and figure out how and when you will complete the daily challenge
- Support your team members by commenting on their posts
- Post daily, whether it’s a new recipe, a great tip, or just to let the group know you are in the hunt and committed!
- No food is banished. You get to CHOOSE what you eat and when you eat it.
- Practice OPPS – Use part of your weekend for your OPPS
- Organize your weekly meals and snacks
- Purchase your ingredients
- Prepare the ingredients
- Store them in containers
- Eat nutritious foods together in the proper ratios of protein (45%), fat (25%), and carbohydrates (30%). If that’s not possible then eat what is “less bad.” Do not eat high sugar foods first (always a protein/fat first) or alone
- Log Your Foods
- Eat PFC (protein, carbohydrate and fat) every 3-4 hours to keep your blood sugar stabilized.
- Measure your ACE – Appetite, Cravings, and Energy
- Drink half your weight in water every day and stop at least 1 hour before bed.
- Exercise smarter to burn fat and lower your cortisol levels.
- Exercise 4-6 times per week
- 2 days of 30-minute high intensity intervals
- 2-4 day of 60-minute low-moderate intensity exercise
- One day of rest of “active rest” – yoga, a leisurely walk, etc.
- Get cardio done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach unless you have low blood sugar or get dizzy, then have a small protein/fat first
- Find you WHYs and write them down
- Slow down and be mindful of what you are eating and why you are eating it (goes along with journaling)
- Be mindful of how much sleep you are getting and if it is restful to lower cortisol levels.
- Take time to feel and understand your emotions. Look at them as “interesting” and then let them go if they are negative or stressful.
- Write present, positive affirmations of the person you want to be physically and mentally
- Give up the idea of “dieting” and realize you can make CHOICES about what you eat.
- Build restorative and relaxing practices into your life. This lowers cortisol and elevates feel-good brain hormones so you are less like to have cravings at night.
- Be kind and forgiving to yourself
- Realize you will have setbacks and be mentally prepared to be understanding with yourself when they happen.
- Write out present, positive affirmations about yourself.
- Go to bed and get up the same time every morning during the week
- Turn off all electronics at least an hour before bedtime
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night