RETHINK THOSE RESOLUTIONS
Got big, looming New Year’s resolutions?
Drop them. They’re overwhelming and un-fun. This can set you up for failure and you may soon find yourself discouraged and disappointed. How can you be successful feeling like that?
Instead, assign yourself Mini Challenges. Mini Challenges are realistic and fun, plus they give you the opportunity to taste success.
Success is motivating. When you get a success streak going it makes you proud of yourself & then you feel more confident to take on other small wins until you have MOMENTUM going exactly where you want it! Focus on just ONE challenge each week such as:
* Drink hot lemon water every morning
* Switch coffee to green tea every afternoon
* Exercise 20 minutes a day
* Enjoy your food mindfully
* Speak kindly to yourself
* Bring your lunch every day instead of going out
* Focus on chewing every bite of food 15 times
* Do a random act of kindness
* Make herbal tea after dinner to satisfy a sweet tooth
* Write down 3 things you’re grateful for each day
* Meditate 10 minutes a day
* Stretch your muscles
* Get up earlier to avoid the morning rush
If you have one big goal that’s important to you for 2017, find the one habit that will cover many bases. Start small and focus on reaching it every week then recommit every 7 days.
If you goal is to lose weight, your goal could be to write down everything you eat. Just that one action covers what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, etc.
Challenging yourself daily and growing personally is an exciting way to live. There’s no limit to what you can accomplish in 2017.